This is an easy recipe, perfect for the ones who prefer the sweet and sour taste.
The quantities are for 2 people.
- chicken breast (0,5kg / 1 lbs)
- onions (about 2-3)
- broccoli (a handful)
- carrots (about 2-3)
- garlic (to taste. I used about 6 cloves because we like garlic.)
- oranges (3)
- sour cream (1 cup)
- spaghetti or other pasta
- olive oil
- soy sauce (optional)
- Chop the chicken breast in bite size pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry in olive oil on high heat, until whitened
- Chop the onions and carrots and ad them to the chicken
- Cut the oranges in halves and squeeze one orange over the chicken
- Add a third of the sour cream
- Simmer on high for about 7 minutes
- Chop the broccoli and add it to the chicken. Broccoli cooks faster so it’s added later to avoid mush.
- Squeeze another orange and add another third of the sour cream.
- Stir fry for another 7 minutes
- Finally add the pasta.
- Squeeze the last orange and add the rest of the sour cream
- Simmer until the pasta is moist.
- Add the smashed garlic, some soy sauce to taste.
- Simmer to reduce water, until you like the consistency. I like it a little less juicy.
- Serve with extra orange slices or juice squeezed over!