Oriental potato salad, simple, delicious and nourishing 🙂
Depending to the season, you can add or replace some of the vegetables.
Probably the eggs, potatoes and olives are the main ingredients.
I love crispy bread crumbs, so I added those too.
- potatoes 500 g / 1 pound
- peppers 2
- tomatoes 2
- onions 2-6 (to taste and preference, red, white or yellow, you can combine)
- olives one cup
- bread slices 3
- eggs 2
- sweet corn one cup
- olive oil
- salt, pepper, spice
- Wash the potatoes and boil them without peeling, no matter the size, they can be cut after.
- Wash, clean and peel the peppers, tomatoes and onions.
- Boil the eggs.
- Cut the bread slices in cubes and fry them with the spice.
- The crumbs are made exactly as the spicy bread sticks from a recipe I posted some time ago.
- I use bread crumbs, sticks, or slices very often in recipes or as a side, so you can always go back to that link.
- Cut the tomatoes and peppers in cubes and put them in a bowl.
- The bowl should be a tad bigger so you can easily mix the salad at the end.
- Add the crumbs.
- Add the sweet corn and the olives, either whole or sliced, as you prefer.
- When the potatoes are boiled (you can test them with a toothpick or fork), peel them.
- I used small potatoes so there was no real need to cut them in more than 2 pieces.
- You can use bigger potatoes, just cut them in cubes.
- When the eggs are boiled, peel them and slice them
- Slice onions.
- Mix everything in the bowl, slowly so you don’t mash up the soft ingredients.
- Add some olive oil and salt to taste.
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerate a little.
- You can add greens or spices to taste.