Although cooking lamb might sound complicated for a beginner cook, I guarantee that this recipe requires only patience.
It’s a 100% guaranteed compliment earner! 🙂
The spices and sweetness makes it a tasty new experience for your guests/family. Recipe is for 4 people.
- lamb 2 lbs (preferably ribs but any part is fine)
- onions 3
- garlic 3 cloves
- olive oil 1/4 cup
- soy sauce 1/4 cup
- lemon zest 1/4 cup
- honey 1/4 cup
- pepper 1 tsp
- salt 1 tsp
- cinnamon 1 tsp
- white wine/water
- sweet potatoes / yams 2 big
- Cut the lamb in pieces and place it in a non-stick pan
- Cut the onion and garlic and mix the liquid and dry ingredients together with the lamb
- Add a little white wine and/or water so everything is submersed
- Cover and let to rest in the fridge for one hour
- After one hour, get it out of the fridge, uncover and cook it as it is, along with all the ingredients
- You can place it in the oven or cook it on the stove but either way it must sit at low-mid heat for about 2-3 hours
- If the sauce simmers down you can add a little water as it cooks
- When the lamb is almost done, take care of the potatoes
- Peel, wash and cut into cubes
- Add salt and pepper
- Quick fry for 5-10 minutes, or bake in the oven for 20 minutes
- Serve right away!
- The lamb isn’t quite as good if it cools down too much.